TOTAL ENROLLMENT: 24,000
TOTAL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: 1,433
COUNTRIES REPRESENTED: 76
NUMBER OF PROGRAMS: 135+
NUMBER OF BUILDINGS: 80
OCC is minutes from Disneyland resort and some of California most popular beaches, including Huntington, Newport, and Laguna Beach.
The city of Costa Mesa is a vibrant and diverse community home to the Orange County Fairgrounds, the , Segerstrom Center for the Arts and the largest luxury mall in the west coast, South Coast Plaza.
Welcome to Orange Coast College!
CAL STATE ADT- California State University Associate’s degree for transfer
UCLA TAP- Transfer Alliance Program
ASSIST.ORG- comprehensive database of transfer credit requirements and transfer requirements for all majors to UC and CSU)
...AND MUCH MORE!
OCC Students Transferring to ULCA
Rena Rena Ichimura
“I chose OCC because it’s high transfer rates to the CSU [California State] and UC [University of California] system and I also play water polo...I contacted the coach and he immediately replied to me.”
Gabriele is the captain of the men’s water polo team and considers his teammates his best friends.
“It was easy to build the team chemistry and it was an honor being the captain.”
He credits the Global Engagement Center and his coach Adam Lee for helping him enroll at OCC.
“As an international student, the biggest challenge I faced was navigating through the admission and visa process but the Global Engagement Center and Coach Adam really helped me.” He also credits his professors for allowing him to balance his athletic pursuits and academic aspirations.
“[Most] think it’s challenging to be a full-time student and an athlete but you just have to be organize…[OCC] is very supportive of athletes...and my professors have been flexible and help me after classes during their office hours.
Gabriele is a proud “Pirate” and will graduate in Spring 2019 and accepted an offer to compete in the NCAA Division I for George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
“Being part of the OCC community and serving as the team captain for the water polo team is something I am very proud of...I recommend OCC to everyone [as it provided me] a strong foundation for academics and being a successful athlete.”
Gabriele led the men’s water polo team to 19 wins during the 2018 season and a 3rd place finish at Southern California Regional Water Polo Championships.
prospective athlete form.
OCC offers more than 130 programs that lead to associate degrees, certificates, and transfer to 4-year universities.
Associate Degree Programs
• Advanced Culinary Arts
• Advanced Baking and Pastry*
• Airframe and Power Plant*
• Apparel Construction*
• Architectural Design 1*
• Architectural Design 2*
• Aviation Science*
• Business Application Development*
• Business Employee - Visual and Performing Arts*
• CNC Machine Operator*
• CNC Machine Programmer*
• Computer Information Systems*
• Computer Programming*
• Construction Technology
• Corporate/Contract Flight Attendant
• Culinology – Level II Professional Level
• Dance Instructor*
• Dietetic Technician
• Digital Graphics Production
• Display and Visual Presentation*
• Early Childhood Administration*
• Earth Science
• Electronics Engineering Technician*
• Fashion Design*
• Fashion Merchandising*
• Film and Television*
• Fitness Specialist*
• Flight Attendant and Airline Travel Careers*
• Foreign Language
• General Marketing*
• Graphics Design
• Health Education
• HVACR Technology
• Industrial Automation Technician*
• Infant and Toddler Teacher*
• Interior Design Assistant – Level 2
• International Business*
• Liberal Studies
• Management and Leadership Studies*
• Marine Science
• Mass Communications/Media Studies
• Master Construction Specialist + Multimedia
• Musical Entertainer – Instrumental*
• Musical Entertainer – Vocal*
• Musical Instrument Digital Interface*
• Narrative Illustration*
• Nutrition Education*
• Natural Science
• Residential Construction Development*
• Photography – Still
• Power plant
• Preschool Teacher*
• Production/Product Development (Fashion)*
• Professional Mariner*
• Restaurant (Food Service Management)
• Real Estate Broker*
• Room Operations Specialist
• Studio Guitar Performer*
• Travel and Tourism
• UX (User Experience) Design*
• Welding Technology
• World Dance*
California State Univeristy Associate Degrees for Transfer
• Art History
• Business Administration*
• Communication Studies
• Computer Science
• Early Childhood Education
• Elementary Teacher Education
• Film, Television, and Electronic Media
• Global Studies
• Nutrition and Dietetics
• Political Science
• Public Health Science
• Theatre Arts
• Studio Arts
*Certificate of Achievement
• CSU General Education
• Culinary Arts –Basic
• Culinary Food Science Assistant – Level I
• Design/Build (Architectural Technology)
• Digital Fabrication for Architecture
• Electronics Reliability Technician
• Front Office Specialist (Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism)
• Human Resource Management
• IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum to UC)
• Integrated Project Design (Architectural Technology)
• Interior Merchandising – Level 1
• Interior Design – Professional Level 3
• Meeting and Event Management
• Nutrition and Fitness
• Pilates/Dance Conditioning Instructor
• Restaurant Supervision (Food Service Management)
• Sales and Marketing Specialist (Hospitality, Travel and Tourism)
• Spa Management
• Sustainable Design (Architectural Technology)
• Travel Specialist
“When I first came to the U.S. from Japan, I was very shy and did not speak up in class. My professors for both academic and dance classes were very nice which gave me a lot of confidence and help me grow as a person.” Aoi was accepted to several universities and is now pursuing a Bachelor’s of Arts in Dance from the University of California, Irvine and hopes to become a professional dancer.
OCC'S HONORS NIGHT SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
“Being part of student government was a great way to develop networking, social, and leadership skills. I had a chance to have lunch with OCC President Dr. Dennis Harkins and learned that we both shared a passion for photography...”.
One of the reasons why Viktoriia chose OCC was because of the Honors Program.
“OCC offers honors programs in 20 disciplines and the classes are typically smaller which [facilitates] class discussions. It also provides opportunities to give presentations which helps us learn from each other and not just from the textbooks… The honors program has provided me many opportunities to share insight about the culture and politics of my country, Russia.”
Viktoriia developed a mentorship program to help build a stronger campus community and to provide more access for students to connect.
“The best part about being involved on campus is serving the community…I want students to know what services are available and how they can access them, especially for international students who are adjusting to a living in a new country and a new environment.”
Viktoriia earned an Associate’s Degree in Economics is currently on OPT (Optional Practical Training), authorizing international students to work for one year in a professional setting related to their major.
2. OCC international student application and $55.00 application fee
3. Proof of English Proficiency for non-native speakers
4. Academic transcripts
5. Proof of Financial Ability for the first year of study
6. Copy of Passport Biographical Page
7. Immigration documents for transfer students only (copies of I-20, I-94 card, F-1 visa)
For details, including deadlines, cost of attendance, accepted ways to meet English proficiency, and country specific information for high school completion visit the International Admissions website.